Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Daily Poop - Sat., 23JUN12

So, I finally heard back from Lee Hudson about his NMA reunion plans. He just got back from performing a whirlwind tour of Europe. (Seems to me that a tour with Hudson shouldn't be described with the word "whirlwind"; more like "miasma" or "fetid.")

Anyway, Lee is busy wrapping up some college duties, preparing for others. The bottom line on whether or not he'll come: maybe.

Just what I need. I could deal with a "yes"--I'd mentally hope for the best and expect the worst. I could deal with a "no"--I'd sing a chorus of "Happy Days are Here Again" and order a truckload of Champagne to be delivered to the Orlando Doubletree Universal next Wednesday.
Instead, I get a "maybe." Reminds me of the old joke:

Question: How do you keep a turkey in suspense?
Answer:    

Tomorrow, I leave for Orlando. I hope. I'm a nervous traveler, so any hint of weather-related flight delays ramps up my worry-level. There's a chance of showers and thunderstorms tomorrow, so who knows? I just want to wake up on Monday in Orlando


Speaking of which, what do you call sunrise in the the fanciest part of that city?

"Tony Orlando at Dawn."

Thank you. Have a nice day.

No comments: