Friday, June 13, 2014

The Daily Poop - Fri., 13JUN14

After writing the other day about the rumored possibility of a reunion appearance by Tex Waldron, I got to thinking about a few other shipmates I haven't seen in a few years.

I've heard that Charlie Sweet may make the trip from Colorado; sorry, but I can't source this rumor, as I've forgotten who blabbed it to me. Charlie hasn't been to a reunion since 2006. He's among my Navy Band San Francisco shipmates I love to see, along with John Hanson and Frank Kemp. These guys also haven't come in a few years. Like Charlie and Tex, they live in the western U.S. I'll bet they're hoping for a reunion out thataway. I am too, if you include the Midwest in "thataway."

John Vazquez. John's leadership duties with the American Legion sometimes keep him busy in late June. I heard that he's finally turned over his responsibilities, so maybe he can swing a trip to Virginia Beach.

Ralph Hasty is a fellow Midwesterner. He and Dennis Bear were among the first to welcome me at my first reunion, and I've never forgotten that. Dennis is regular in attendance, but I haven't seen Ralph in a while.


No comments: