Sunday, June 5, 2016

SUN5JUN16-The Daily Poop- Midwestern Reunion

I've spent years hoping for a reunion in the Midwest, and now, poof!--wish granted.

I think we'll have a good turnout. Our non-Virginia Beach reunions are sometimes smaller than our "home-port" reunions in Virginia Beach, but this Kansas City get-together is shaping up pretty well.

John Derby and his wife are coming; they live in Missouri, so their drive will be even shorter than mine.

Gotta check on Bob Nolan, another old San Francisco shipmate. He's in Iowa, also closer to Kansas City than I am, and I'm hoping he'll be able to make it to the reunion. Both Bob and John were guitarists with Show Band West when that band moved from San Diego to San Francisco. I'm hoping to see a bunch of alumnae of that band.

And I'm always glad to see Dennis Bear. He lives in Wisconsin and has attended every reunion since I've been going. I met Dennis at my first reunion, Louisville in 2006. It's interesting that MUs that you never knew on active duty can become, over the years, NMA friends that you look forward to seeing at the reunion.

Been a while since we've seen Ralph Hasty at a reunion. Ralph is also one of the first NMA members I met back in Louisville. He's in Missouri, too, so maybe he'll be there.

And of course, MUs from further west will be coming. It is my fervent hope that piano players will be among them...we've been a little shorthanded lately, keyboard-wise.

  

No comments: