Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Daily Poop - Sunday, 23JUN12

As is generally the case, my worries were for nothing. Planes left on time, arrived early, and I got to Virginia Beach last night without a hitch. It was a long day, particularly sitting on a plane across the aisle from two kids who had never flown before. "I'm scaaaared!" "Are we flying yet?" "Grandma, I hafta go to the bathroom!" On the other hand, it wasn't even close to being the worse flight I've ever been on. Think sitting in a C-130, strapped into parachutes with 16 other guys, five tons of gear and some clown that thinks singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" would be a morale builder. So, yes, I'm here, ensconced on the third floor of the Holiday Inn.





I toured the decks and walked the perimeter a number of times during the evening. Yes, it's still our good old Holiday Inn, but, as you can see, something is sorely lacking.




One of the reasons I came early is that I'm hoping to improve the Reunion LiveBlog this year (What? Improve the LiveBlog? How can that be, Frank?), which will take some preparation. Technical stuff, for the LiveBlog, for the NMA website, and other documentation.

Surprisingly, the bar was empty last night, but the hotel was packed. The Fraternal Order of Eagles is holding its convention. Their motto is "People helping people," but they do it everywhere except in the lounge. Oh well. at least they've got a motto. Say--should the NMA have a motto? I wonder. Any ideas?

The Daily Poop will end soon, to be replaced by more frequent blather. Don't know when. Soon.

That may mean "today." We'll see. Have a good day  

No comments: