Saturday, June 29, 2013

Winding down

It's eleven p.m.-ish. The concluding event of the NMA reunion, the Saturday night banquet, has ended. We're packing up our gear, and folks with early departures tomorrow are saying their goodbyes. It's over.

Well, not exactly. The lounge is still open and our equipment is still set up. If enough hearty souls show up--and I just saw a few heading in that direction--we'll cap off the reunion with a farewell jam session.

And what a reunion it has been. I'll have much to tell you and to show you, thanks to the magic of unfocused photographs and shaky videos. Yeah, they suck, but you'll get the picture.

Meanwhile, I'm heading towards the lounge myself. I get to sleep in tomorrow, so I can do a little night owling around the hotel tonight. Since I don't leave until Monday, I'll have time to catch up on coverage. My postings always gets sporadic on the last night of reunions, as there's so much going on I hardly dare take a break.

So until I get the chance to reconnect with you, let me just say that the word "stellar" would not be too strong a description of the 2013 NMA reunion. Our functions are always wonderful, and you always hear me praising them, but something was different this year. I've heard people say that exact phrase: "Something was different this year." I have some ideas, but they need pondering and refining.

And I need to go downstairs to the lounge.It's almost over and I don't want to miss a damn thing.

No comments: