Sunday, June 12, 2022

I Am Here

 Well, of course I'm here. Wherever I am is here. And today, here is Virginia Beach, site of the 2022 Navy Musicians Association reunion. 

I'm here, baby, and
ready to go!
Jo and I arrived at the Holiday Inn yesterday afternoon, after three days and two nights on the road from Illinois.

Right off the bat, I ran into Art Swanson, who had arrived earlier, after a drive from Arizona (I think he said Arizona--might have been some other foreign country). 

After I checked in, Jim Richards showed up. Jim is one of the NMA's top storytellers. He proved his mettle by cracking me up with medical sagas about his recent surgical adventures.

Jo and I, half-dead, dragged our corpses out for supper and came back for the night and ran into Ray Ascione and Don Keller in the lobby. Jo could see sea stories looming ahead and excused herself. It turned out to be the right decision.

The point of this all is that the cross-country travel is over, today will be a frenetic day of preparing for tomorrow's launch of the 2022 NMA Reunion, and good times are ahead.

No comments: