Monday, June 13, 2022

The Countdown Begins

Okay, I got coffee. Task One is completed 

But there's a lot more to do today and a lotta people doing it.

Kim Holl and Rick Jebavy have moved the NMA gear into the hotel. They should get medals and special liberty just for accomplishing this task, but, no, they're still at work, organizing and redistributing computers, xylophones, cymbals, tee-shirts.

Kim isn't the only Holl at work. Deb Holl wants to get the registration room up and running. Stephanie Rowland and Jo Knox have joined her. The reunions starts tomorrow, so they need to be set up today, they know the task, and they will accomplish the task.

Carl Gerhard, our reunion coordinator, is all over the hotel, meeting with hotel staff, checking this, changing that, carrying messages back and forth. Bob Leketa, who did this for so many years, used to refer to the job or reunion coordinator as "putting out fires." I don't expect to see any open flames in the hotel this week, but I can't think of anyone better to handle this position than Carl.

Actually, all positions are well-filled. We're fortunate to have a group of members, directors and spouses who take on these responsibilities with plentiful energy and little complaint.

Especially me. Do you hear me complaining? No. I've got coffee, I've got a computer, and I know how to use them.

No comments: