Saturday, January 8, 2011

Max Murray uncovered

So far, in my quest to shame members of the Navy Musicians Association who are engaging in unauthorized musical performances between reunions, I've outed Rabbit Simmons and Bob Marquart.

Their actions are, of course, disgraceful, but at least I can distance myself from their scandalous behavior. But now I've uncovered evidence of another NMA gigger, and can't so easily disassociate myself.

You see, bassist Max Murray and I were shipmates in Newport and at the School of Music. A couple of years ago, I thought it would be great to see him again, so I helped recruit him into joining the NMA.


Apparently, our annual reunions are not enough for Max. Here's the footage; like Simmons and Marquart, he's been moonlighting between reunions. Not with an obscure trio or no-name cocktail duo. No, leave it to Max Murray to perform regularly as a member of the Grammy-winning Afro Bop Alliance.

Max Murray, have you no shame?

2 comments:

dj said...

Nice, but some of these cats look a bit bored--and I hate to say --a bit full of themselves--ouch!

Anonymous said...

Most all the Musicians you see in this video are in the Commodores.