Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm out of here

I'll be leaving soon for the Quad Cities Airport for my flight to Virginia Beach--if thunderstorms don't delay or cancel my flight. I'll arrive this evening, if thunderstorms don't reroute my flight to South Orlando Municipal Airport.

Yeah, I keep mentioning thunderstorms. You would too, if you'd been looking at the weather map. But last year, tornadoes were predicted, and it turned out to be baloney. Who knows?

So, I'll be out of touch today. But starting tomorrow, I'll be posting from Virginia Beach. Although the reunion, as always, doesn't start until Wednesday, things start to simmer in advance--people start drifting in, I hear from people who have made last-minute decisions to come to the reunion and some who have sadly had to cancel, scuttlebutt--ah, welcome back to the Navy--begins to circulate the halls of the hotel.

Later.



















No comments: