Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Daily Poop - Thurs, 12JUN08

As the 2008 Navy Musicians Association approaches, NMA members are checking in. Yesterday I heard from:

-- Bob Grindle, who went through the Assistant Bandleader Course while I was on staff at the School of Music won't be at the reunion; his community band is entering its festival week.

-- Everett Crouse, another SOM shipmate, says he's also unable to attend, but his friend, my old rock 'n' roll band leader John Johnson, will make an appearance.

-- B.A. Waltrip, retired for 34 years now, has just found out about this site. He suggests that when NMA members get together, they're a bunch of "Navy Liars."

Also heard from: George Hand, who left the navy in 1961 and Norm Detoy, who retired in 1979.

I'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment here at Navy Lyres or email me.

No comments: