Friday, July 10, 2009

Coming attractions

I'll be away for a few days at the University of Iowa Summer Writing Festival. You don't think I come up with all this great stuff by myself, do you?

In the interim, to whet your appetite for Great Posts of the Future, I offer you this list of Coming Attractions:

  • Internet tips for finding old shipmates from bygone bands.
  • Internet tips on hiding from old friends who are trying to find you.
  • How I set the record for the shortest tour at the U.S. Navy Band.
  • Now it can be told: The Steve Dimond Farewell Invitation Golf Tournament, 1984.
  • "Pier Pressure": The Navy's first Fast Attack Combo.
  • The Sins of Lee Hudson. Chapter One, Personality Defects.
Fair winds until next week, shipmates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But no "Ode to Johnny Long"??? mmmmm

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, I won the sucker. CZ