Sunday, June 26, 2011

A quick note while the WI-FI is working

Nothing would please me more than to spend this day, my last in Viriginia Beach, than dumping streams of photos, videos and tall stories about the NMA reunion onto the Internet.

Sigh. As regular visitors have notice, the Internet service in the hotel has been, shall we say, spotty. It comes and goes; when it comes, I do my best, and when it goes, I fume. In fact, I spent a long, productive phone call straightening out IP numbers with the hotel's tech consultant, Ashwanibad Kabindawal, who dispenses Internet advice from Bombay.

Rest assured, I will do my best to provide more. If fate conspires against me, I'll redouble my efforts on Tuesday, when I'll be back home in corn country on good old FarmNet, about which I will never again complain.

In recent years I have observed an inverse relationship between the quality of a hotel and and the dependability of its Internet service. The better the digs, the worse the web.

Perhaps the Board of Directors would consider holding the next reunion at the Orlando Econo-Lodge.

No comments: