Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Daily Poop - Wed, 11JUN14

Welcome to the first 2014 issue of the Daily Poop, the annual, laser-guided, heat-seeking bag of crap that fills the two weeks leading up to the reunion of the Navy Musicians Association.

The Daily Poop will appear every morning here at NavyLyres. It's a compendium of reunion news, views and scuttlebutt as well as a dumping ground for self-absorbed chronicles of my personal doings.

The reunion officially begins on Wed., 25JUN, but things at the hotel will start stirring up a few days early as early birds arrive and preparations begin. A day or so before 25th, the Daily Poop will mutate into LiveBlog2014, constant reportage featuring photos, videos and blather.
-----
One of the things I love the most about NMA reunions is overhearing people complain about me. There's something special about the wonderful whispered phrase, "That damn Frank." This is because I always spend the springtime dieting so as to lose the evidence of winter excess and get myself into fighting trim by reunion time. I've got the poundage down to MU1 level and expect to reach MU2 by the reunion. 

Yes, this gets my shipmates p.o.'d, but I consider it worth the sacrifice.
-----
A note to first-time attendees:
A lot of MUs made their first reunion appearances last year and we're expecting even more in 2014. You probably have questions (Is there a dress code? What do I do when I arrive at the hotel? Can I bring a buddy who's not an MU?). You'll find answers to common questions at the First-timer's Guide.
----
Got gossip? Coming for your first reunion? Chained to your oar in the galley? Lemme know.

No comments: