Thursday, June 2, 2016

THURS2JUN16-The Daily Poop - More time, Less Tension

Generally I'm running around in circles by this time of year.

But I'm less antsy about the reunion this year. It took me a while to figure out why: things are different this year because, well, things are different this year.

Shipmate Frank's story-telling skills
followed him when he left the Navy.
Yes, I've got lots to do before the reunion, but I have more time to do it because I'm not working anymore.Last fall I finished up my days as a librarian. I miss a few things, particularly the kids, but I enjoy have more time. This year, as the reunion approaches, I'm wrapping up things at home, but not trying do wrap up things in the library at the same time.

And because Kansas City is an easy day's drive from western Illinois, I'm not flying to the reunion this year. I have little enthusiasm for flight; too many C-130s, I guess. So, I'm looking forward to just hopping in the car with my wife and---

Oh, yes--wife. Jo is coming for the first time since 2010. This is a self-protective act on her part; generally, when she picks me up at the airport after a reunion, I start talking about the reunion and don't stop until approximately Labor Day. Jo figures it'll be painful to suffer through the thing firsthand.

No comments: