Monday, June 21, 2010

The Daily Poop - Sun, 20JUN09

I'm outta here.

If the rain lets up so Jo can drive me to the airport. If the plane isn't grounded because of tornado warnings. If. If.

If all goes right, there'll be no more posting today. No Facebook. Nada. I'm in transit to San Antonio for the Navy Musicians Association reunion.

Though it doesn't officially begin until Wednesday, people will be dribbling in: folks who are combining the reunion with a bit of travel, early birds like me, NMA officers. Since I won't get in until late tonight (Sunday), I'll try to start posting tomorrow (Monday). Who's in town, who's not, what's happening, what is rumored to be happening. As I recall, "scuttlebutt" is the term.

That's it: a couple of days of scuttlebutt.

By the way, I promised low-tech videos this year, and I'm carrying through with the promise. I have no idea what I'm doing, but that didn't stop me from joining the Navy, and it won't stop me from posting a few videos during the reunion. In fact, within the last hour, I shot my first video, edited it and published it online. Here it is. 55 seconds of background noise, insufficient lighting and slamming doors. You'll find it impossible to believe I don't know what I'm doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are blogging this event. It will be nice to hear and see what is happening. Thanks Frank.

Rick Lindroos, MU4
7th Fleet Band - Yokosuka
Charleston Navy Band

My Bandmasters:
Benjamin McHorney
Michael Alverson
Wallace Quentin Roderick