Thursday, June 24, 2010

You're either part of the conversation, or the topic

A Navy Musicians Association reunion isn't just about music. It's about shipmates. That means, if you're not here, we spend a lot of time time discussing, well, you.

--Charlie Niehoff keeps bringing up John Linscott's name. John, you might want to think about showing up next year, if only to defend yourself.

-- Showband West alumni--Frank Kemp, Ed Henson, John Derby and me--particularly miss Charlie Sweet. Charlie said yes to the reunion, but his doctor said no. John and I, in particular, were looking forward to offering Charlie heartfelt apologies for making 1977 a, shall we say, exceptionally difficult year for our old bandleader.

-- The good news is that my arch-enemy, Lee Hudson isn't here. The bad news is he's coming on Friday. I'll enjoy things while I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So....why do you hate Lee Hudson so much?