Friday, June 17, 2011

The Daily Poop II - Fri., 17JUN11

The Senate Armed Services Committee has released the summary of its final markup session yesterday. There is no mention of cuts to military bands.

This doesn't mean cuts, perhaps severe cuts, weren't included. While waiting for detail information, I'm trying to put a positive interpretation on the fact the military band cutbacks are not mentioned. The best I can do is this: "Gee, you'd think that if they'd made severe cuts in funding for military bands, they'd be headlining it in 72-point Times New Roman, so I guess..."

Actually, I don't guess anything. There's too much to weigh. Yes, the House version of the military budget contained a multi-million dollar cut in military band funding, but the entire sum wouldn't have bought a wheel-bearing for an F-35. Well, you know what I mean.

We'll see.

No comments: