Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Daily Poop - Tues., 14JUN11

One week from today, Tuesday the 21st, the Early Birds will be roaming the hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if the evening ends with a little jamming in the lounge. It's happened before. In fact, I've been to five reunions, and every one of them has wound up with the backfield in motion before the starting whistle.



Yesterday, I wrote to all the members of the Senate Armed Forces Committee and Personnel Subcommittee, urging them to preserve funding for military bands. I'm not the only one who did this--I've heard from others.

If you wish to have input into this budget, The Personnel Committee is meeting today. They will propose a budget that the full committee will review tomorrow, Wednesday and, if necessary, Thursday. The time to write is last week, yesterday or right now.

Instructions on how to quickly send an email are in the post below.



I'm gonna try reeeally hard this year to not do the this awful thing I do at the reunions. I get so excited about the Live-blog that, even before things have started happening, I take pictures and post them with descriptions of what's gonna happen. As in,
  • "Here's the bar. It's empty, but. boy, things will be jumping soon."
  • "Hard to believe that this desolate lobby, shown here in a photo taken at 3AM when even the desk clerks are nodding out, will soon be a beehive of activity."
I'll try hard, really I will. the problem is, I tell myself this same thing every year.

No comments: