Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Daily Poop - Thurs., 13JUN13

Here it is, the first 2013 issue of the Daily Poop, the annual, laser-guided, heat-seeking bag of crap that leads up to the reunion of the Navy Musicians Association.

The event officially begins Wed., 26JUN, although I'll show up early. Once things get going, I'll begin LiveBlog2013, the ongoing, online reportage music, camaraderie and tall-tale-telling. I'll explain more about this at a later date.

Until then, you're stuck with the the Daily Poop.

I'm hoping to see a number of shipmates who've had to miss a reunion or two. Mike & Diane Beegle have moved to Pennsylvania from the West Coast, so I have high hopes of seeing these old friends from Navy Band Newport.

Pete Codispoti, another Pennsylvanian, has missed a year, and I really hope he'll make it to Virginia Beach. Pete and I met at a reunion a few years ago and really hit it off. 

The Beegles were career MUs; Pete Codispoti, like me, served a shorter hitch. This reflects the diversity of relationships that spring up in the NMA. You walk into the hotel at your first reunion to see old friends and walk away with new friends. We're a smaller fraternity than, say, the Worldwide Association of Boatswain's Mates. You don't have to have been stationed with an MU to share a common bond.
 
Oh, boy, two weeks. If you can't tell, I'm starting to get excited. I'll be back tomorrow with more scoop and poop.














No comments: