Tuesday, June 16, 2015

TUES, 16JUN15: The Daily Poop

Every year as the NMA reunion gets close, I re-experience the feeling that always preceded going on long-anticipated leave. I get antsy.

I'm a librarian and, due to special events and scheduling issues, I've been putting in a lot of extra time during the last few weeks. Fortunately, this winter when I scheduled my time off for the reunion, I also cleared the decks for the preceding week.

In other words, yesterday was my last day at the library until the reunion is over. I was on edge all day, but still managed to provide library patrons with the excellent customer service and impeccable  research advice for which I am justly noted. Now I have time to concentrate on harassing my shipmates and dishing the dirt, the important things that go into preparing for a reunion.

Which looks to be a big one. NMA president Terry Chesson tells me we've filled our original allotment of hotel rooms and added a few more. It is unsure how many rooms may be left, so, shipmates:
  • The time to hesitate is through.
  • No time to wallow in the mire. 
  • Come on Baby, Light My Fire.

-----------------
Heard from a few old friends:

Sheldon Levy offers a cryptic warning that someone close to him is upset about oboe jokes that recently appeared in Leger Lines. I refer the Levy family to yesterday's Poop, in which I suggested what people might do with their complaints.

Also heard from Bob "Boomer" Grindle, who always makes sense in his own way. He's coming to the reunion and promises not to tell incomprehensible jokes or run abound the hotel nude. Fortunately, Boomer has always been a man of his word.

No comments: