Wednesday, June 17, 2015

WED, 17JUN15 - The Daily Poop

It's about a quarter to nine in the a.m. here in Illinois and I'm realizing that one week from this moment, the halls of the Eastern Time Zone Virginia Beach Holiday Inn will be echoing with big band music. Or, perhaps, the halls will be echoing with the voices of MUs saying, "Do we have any more music stands?" "Could somebody give me a tuning note?" "Where do I plug this thing in?" "I thought I saw some extra stands next door." "Was that an 'A' or a 'Bb'?" "Where'd you get that coffee?"

Not music, exactly, but music to the ears of those who love getting together

---------------------

I keep making lists of things I have to accomplish before flying to Virginia Beach on Saturday--go to the bank to get money for the trip, go to the library to ask an employee to finish something I forgot to do, tape together the pages to a concert band score. Sometimes I think of things that aren't on the list, do them, then write them on the list and cross them out so I'll remember I did them. This makes me think of things that have to be done before I can do things that are already on the list--while at the library talking to an employee, pick up my paycheck and be sure I do this before I go to the bank to get money for the trip so there will be, in fact, money for the trip.

Gotta go--got a lot to do, and every time I cross something off my list, well...

1 comment:

David Blakeley said...

I know I'm over complicating my life when I get to the point that I need Microsoft Project to plan for my trip.