Friday, June 10, 2016

FRI10JUN16 - The Daily Poop - Effin'-a Seabag

Last year, while talking about Navy promotions during a pool-side jaw-fest at the reunion, Cecil Strange said, "I was a slick-armed first class." I'd been out of the Navy for 28 years, yet understood immediately that he'd been promoted to MU1 during his first enlistment.

The language stays with you. Last night while trying to figure out how to pack for the reunion and trying to make room for one more set of skivvies in a small rolling suitcase, I was thinking about old Navy sayings: "The eagle shits," "I took a dead horse," "haze-gray and underway, "My sea bag is packed."

"Sea bag," I said to myself. "Did somebody say "sea bag?"

I opened a closet door, rummaged around and there it was: the solution.

I have no more packing problems. That sum-bitch holds a lot of stuff.   

No comments: