Thursday, June 9, 2016

THURS9JUN16 - The Daily Poop - Iron Man Frank

Real men iron their own clothing.

Well, that's how it used to be. Being married to the world's most wonderful woman, I often get help with the ironing. So much, in fact, that I've sort of given it up. Jo spent her career as a nurse and spent a lot more time ironing uniforms than I ever did.

But today I manned up. Packing for the trip to Kansas City has involved getting the summer clothes out of the closed where they've been waiting for summer to reach Illinois. This stuff needed ironing, and lots of it.

And I did it. Me, myself. Ironing is not exactly like riding a bicycle. I fell a lot and took a few wrong turns, but after a few hours job was done.

And, as it used to say on that document that came my way once or twice a year: "Petty Officer Mullen wears his uniform with unmistakable pride and his appearance reflects the highest standards of the United States Navy."

1 comment:

NavyJ said...

BZ FRANK. I am very proud of you. I will be doing the same tonight while I watch the ball game. Oh the humiliation of ironing while watching baseball. LOL. See you in KC. Jim