Saturday, June 27, 2009

Liberty call

This, the last day of the NMA, will not be the busiest.

This afternoon the entire NMA will be on liberty until the dinner and dance this evening--no rehearsals or performances. It will seem strange, but Oh Boy, I can use the rest. Like many of us, I've been scrambling around here nonstop for days. Were an aerial photograph of this hotel to be taken this afternoon, you would see hundreds of little letter "z"s streaming out the windows.

Navy Lyres now enters into a news blackout period. This morning President Chesson will convene the annual meeting of the membership of the Navy Musicians Association. Upon its conclusion, I'll pass on the news; these meetings always provide a strong sense of where the NMA is and where it's going.

I know where I'm going. It involves coffee.

No comments: