Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ritardando

I am double-exhausted, triple-tired and still having a ball.

The dinner/dance has just ended, an affair that will long be remembered for the stirring performances by LCDR Kevin Bissell's Fleet Forces Band and a dance band of old MUs in suspenders sitting next to active duty MUs in crackerjacks.

Now, after a four memorable 25-hour days, it all winds down. Ambrose Clark and a staltwart crew of volunteers are tearing down the bandstand. Folks who won't see each other tomorrow are saying their farewells in the lobby.

We've taken the D.S and are heading towards the coda.

Tomorrow I'll start posting pictures. I'd do it know, but the reunion isn't really over; people are filing into the lounge for hugs, farewell toasts and perhaps a last chorus of "A Train."


1 comment:

duna said...

Frankster -

I was so good to see you and visit some of our Shipmates. Wish my week would have allowed me to attend more events - looking forward to San Antonio.

v/r, duna