Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Daily Poop - Sun, 21JUN09

-- While it's too far off for an accurate weather predictions for the NMA reunion, the NOAA weather forecast  for Virginia Beach during the reunion week is: golf.

For those who will be bringing their clubs: Wednesday and Thursday will be cloudy with temps in the 80s; Friday and Saturday have a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms.

-- I'm flying to Virginia Beach out of Moline, IL, tomorrow morning. I've never flown with a laptop before, and hope the Department of Homeland Security doesn't confiscate it or fry it with x-rays.

-- LCDR Ron van Hoose, as CO of the School of Music, used to tell each Basic Course graduating class, "As professional military musicians, how you look is as important as how you sound." Remembering these wise words, last night I did some last minute clothing shopping at Wal-mart. I will definitely look as good as I sound.

-- After posting the news that I had to miss the performance by Navy Band Great Lakes's rock group, Horizon, I heard from NMA member John Pastin that his son is Horizon's drummer. I always knew that John was a superb musician and leader, but I had no idea he was also the founder of a dynasty. All the more reason for me to catch Horizon's final show today. Those cursed thunderstorms are back in the forecast, but it's still early; we'll see.

No comments: