Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Daily Poop - Sat, 19JUN10

-- Last night, to put myself in the NMA mood, I watched a video of selected performances from last year's reunion. It was inspiring. The bands sounded better than I'd remembered, and my bald spot was less gigantic than I thought.

-- Sorry about recent posting delays. Midwestern thunderstorms require me to unplug my computer for extended periods.

A big one rolled through yesterday. Another is expected tomorrow, when I'm scheduled to fly from Moline International Airport to San Antonio. All I care about is that my flight gets off the ground. Once I'm up, the whole place can sink down to Davy Jones' locker, as far as I'm concerned.

-- The Master Traveler is bringing only one small carry-on suitcase. I've already tried getting everything in there, and it's like trying to squeeze a basketball into a shoebox. Now it's time to start jettisoning things. I seem to recall lengthy Showband West trips that involved washing socks in the sink, steaming out wrinkles in the shower and--aaiieee!--ironing. This can be done.

--I've heard from a few shipmates who can't attend this year. Jack Rodway and

No comments: