Monday, June 25, 2012

Finally: Orlando

Real late Sunday night, 24JUN12--

Despite thunderstorms in Moline and Detroit, and a tropical storm in Florida, I made it to Orlando without an airline hitch. Well, hardly a hitch, but I'll tell you about that later. For now, let me just say that as the plane approach Orlando, the turbulence was extreme, barf bags were in evidence and the landing was like touching down in the Philippines in a C-130 piloted by a JG who just got his wings. I led the cabin in a chorus of "What a Friend We Have in Jesus."

I got to the Doubletree at 2200, and discovered that my plans to be the first NMA member on site were all in vain. While I was checking in at the Doubletree, Jim and Stephanie Richards stopped by to say hi. They told me Bob Leketa, Leon Harris and Kim and Debbie Holl were around, and Terry Chesson and Dennis Allard had just arrived.

I haven't seen any of them yet--too pooped to party, I wound up here in my room. I'm planning to cop some heavy zs starting in about two minutes.

I'll be back in touch sometime tomorrow morning.

No comments: