Saturday, June 21, 2014

Detroit

Layover in Detroit on my way to Norfolk.

Go ahead, say what you will about Detroit, but I'm in their municipal airport and they have free wifi. This goes a long way in my book.

I must be the antsiest traveler in the NMA. I was up at 3 a.m. worrying that I wouldn't hear my alarm clock. What the hell, i got up and loaded the car. I think this comes from all those years of Navy travel, where nothing ever went right and I wasn't just in charge of me, I was in charge of a band full of Bozos like me.

In fact, now that i think of it, my first responsibility that the navy ever handed me went awry. Right after being sworn in in Baltimore, they put me in charge of getting six guys to Great Lakes. I lost half of them in an airport in Pittsburg.

My career went downhill from there.

No comments: