Sunday, June 22, 2014

The Daily Poop -- Final Edition - Sun., 22JUN14

Don't get disjointed over the headline. This isn't the end of the fun. In fact, it's just beginning. All this means is I'm at the Holiday Inn in Virginia Beach, the site of the 2014 Navy Musicians Association reunion, and ready for action. Rather than the once-a-day Daily Poop, we'll switch over to the ever-popular Live Blog of the Navy Reunion. Starting tomorrow, you can expect random posts throughout the day.

Meanwhile, it's pretty darn quiet around here.Quiet, but not desolate. I arrived yesterday afternoon, took the shuttle to the hotel, walked in the lobby and there was member Gene Lane. He and his wife had arrived hours earlier and already seen another member walking the halls.

So much for my attempt at record-breaking early arrival.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more members coming in today. Now that I think of it, the photo below--me, Bill Sterck, Wilbur Smith and David Blakeley--was taken last year on the Sunday afternoon before the reunion.

As you may know, all the hotel rooms reserved for us sold out and some attendees are staying in nearby hotels. This portends a big

The problem with my tradition of early arrival for NMA reunions is:

I'm thinking this...
...but seeing this.




No comments: