Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Daily Poop - THURS15JUN17 - Anchors Aweigh

Now set the special sea and anchor detail. All hands make preparations for getting underway.

I'm packing the car and in a few minutes will leave western Illinois, my course set for Virginia Beach for the 2017 reunion of the Navy Musicians Association. It's a three-day, two night cruise; I'm not nearly as fond of driving 18 hours straight as I used to be. Tonight's first port of call will be Louisville, KY.

"Drive faster, Frank; I can't wait to spend a week listening
to you and your buddies rehash ancient sea stories.".
My wife and I will arrive in Virginia Beach late Saturday for a few days of pre-reunion sightseeing. We won't be alone; a number of NMA regulars always show up early.

I hope you'll be there. If you can't make it, I hope you'll come next year. An NMA reunion is a medley of camaraderie, sea stories and music only MUs can understand.

Anchors Aweigh!

No comments: