Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Daily Poop - 7JUN11

News, views and snooze in preparation for the Navy Musicians Association reunion.

Two weeks and a wakeup.
- - - - - - - -
Two of my old Navy Band Newport shipmates will be returning to the NMA reunion after missing the fun in San Antonio last year: Max Murry (bass) and Tom Wholley (piano) came to the reunion for the first time in Virginia Beach two years ago. I'm glad they've agreed to a second chorus.
- - - - - - - -
Newporter Jack Rodway, however, will not be in attendance. He and his wife Mickie are selling their house and moving in early July, and the timing is too close. I have issued Jack a Certificate of Validity for this excuse. It's a one-reunion, non-renewable note of forgiveness, and you don't want too many of them in your file.
- - - - - - - -
Wouldn't you know it: just as I send out the notices that the annual Daily Poop season has begun, blogger.com redesigns its blogging interface. Everything you do to get the scoop online is revamped, altered, just plain pain-in-the-butt different. It looks like the learning curve well be, well, vertical.

But these changes all happen "under the hood." You, the loyal patron, won't notice anything different. You can count on the same smooth, high class journalism you expect from a humble guy like me.

2 comments:

daveczo said...

Looking forward to the 2 days I can make it. I will be the bald one.
CZ

Frank Mullen III said...

Believe me, you'll blend right in with the rest of the trumpet section.