Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Daily Poop -- Thurs., 9JUN11

Have you registered for the reunion yet? You can do it when you arrive in Virginia Beach, of course, but it's easier on the system if you do it in advance.

- - - - - - - -

A few decades of water flowing under the bridge has carried me to a time of life where I'm more mature, open-minded and forgiving.

Except where Lee Hudson is concerned. He's coming to the NMA reunion again. All the way from Texas. I gotta say, he goes to great lengths to annoy me.

Fortunately, he'll only be in Virginia Beach for a few days. At least I'll get some peace.

- - - - - - - -

One of the strangest excuses for missing a Navy Musicians Association reunion is "I can't leave the bar."

In the case of Tex Waldron, it's for real. Tex ("Mack," as he's called on the Coast) owns and runs a Seattle jazz club, which keeps him busy. Of course, we'd prefer he was serenading us with his sweet trombone tone in Virginia Beach, but, as you can see, running a night club is a full-time gig:

No comments: