Monday, June 6, 2011

The Daily Poop - Monday, 6JUN11

NMA Officers Planning 2011 Reunion. 
Barely two weeks until the NMA reunion officially begins in Virginia Beach. Two weeks of incessant blogging. Welcome to Year Four of The Daily Poop.
- - - - - - - -
I've had a few questions about ground transportation from the airport to the hotel--some of us are flying to Virginia Beach for the first time. Arranging a shuttle ride from the airport is easy--the details are here.
- - - - - - - -
Lucky me--I get a warm-up for the reunion. The week before the reunion will be Navy Week here in the Quad Cities area of western Illinois/eastern Iowa. (We've had this honor before and, believe me, it's a big deal here in Corn Country, USA.) Navy Band Great Lakes will give a number of performances. I've seen the pop/rock contignet, "Horizon" before--NMA member John Pastin's son Chris was the drummer. This year, I'm hoping to catch the jazz and concert bands; I imagine those youngsters will compare pretty well to our NMA bands...
- - - - - - - -

No comments: