Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Daily Poop -- Wed, 8JUN11

The Navy Musicians Association reunion begins two weeks from today. Officially, that is. I'll be sneaking into town Sunday night, June 19; I need the extra time to learn how to use my camera. Figuring out how to turn on the flash would improve my coverage of the reunions significantly.
- - - - - - - -
An important thing I've learned about our reunions is they're not just about old friends--new friends are a major part of the attraction. Some of the guys I met at my first reunion five years ago--Ralph Hasty, Dennis Bear and Bob Montogmery come to mind--are now guys I look forward to seeing again every year and miss if family obligations keep them away. I'm happy to say that Pete Codispoti will be back this year. Pete was with us in Virginia Beach in '09 and was a major contributor to my Fun Index. He was also a big factor in lifting the NMA Rock Band to new heights of, well, something-or-other.
- - - - - - - -
 The rock band, by the way, needs a name. Geriatric and the Pacemakers?
- - - - - - - -
Once more, with feeling:

No comments: