Friday, June 22, 2012

The Daily Poop - Fri., 22JUN12

Yesterday, NMA member Dave Czohara of The Villages, FL, informed me that a reporter from the Orlando Sentinel has been reading this blog and wanted to talk to me about the NMA reunion. We set up a phone interview, and I spoke with her.
I've always been such a disappointment to women. After a few minutes it became obvious she'd been expecting me to be a middle-aged raconteur who spewed punchlines faster than she could write them down instead of a befuddled sixty-three year old codger who can barely make it to the bathroom before having an accident. Shipmates in the Orlando area, keep an eye out for Christine Cole's story in the Sentinel about the reunion. If it stinks, complain to Czohara. If its good: thank you.

I am sorry to hear that Tom Wholley won't be in attendance this year. Tom and I crossed paths a number of times, in Newport, Little Creek and the Seventh Fleet as well as at our annual get-togethers.

I still haven't heard whether Lee Hudson is planning to light up my life by showing up in Orlando. I figured slandering him across the internet would flush him out, but no. Guess I'll have to actually contact him. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all you fellow MUs, I responded to Franker on a more personal level. I explained to him that Chris and I have just returned from a whirlwind 2-and-a-half week tour of Italy, Switzerland and Germany (sang in St. Peter's in Rome for Thursday evening vespers; St. Marks in Venice for Monday night Mass; Florence; Lugano, Bellanzona and Lucerne, Switz.; Dinkelsbuhl, Wiesbaden and Frankfurt, Ger.

I'll try to see you all in Orlando, if I can scrape together the finances. Anchors Aweigh!

Mittens said...

Frank, we're still waiting for the 30 page biography treatment of Lee Hudson. You know, Chapter One, Personality Defects......