Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Daily Poop - Wed., 20JUN12

Holy smokes--the NMA reunion starts one week from today. I'm so looking forward to it. Discussion around this household is pretty much All NMA, All the Time.

I enjoy hearing from those who are also hyped up about coming, but also from friends who can't make it this year. John Derby has important family commitments, but promises to attend next year. Max Murray is tied up with gigs. I accept both excuses, but am making Page 13 entries in the service records of both subject personnel.

I plan to arrive in Orlando late Sunday. Sometime on that day, or the next, your annual subscription to The Daily Poop will expire and be replaced by the NMA Reunion LiveBlog. The LiveBlog helps spread the joy to those who can't attend. For those that do come, it's archived and waiting for you when you get back home, in case you can't remember how much fun you had.

I'm planning to bring my new camera to reunion. Problem is, it's a product of the space-age, and I'm a point-and-shoot kind of guy. I am pleased to note it does not have a lens cap, the cause of so many problems. If you've ever spent an afternoon with a Navy band posing for publicity shots by a Navy photographer who shoots the entire session with the lens cap still on his camera, raise your hand. Ah, yes, I see I am not alone...

No comments: