Monday, June 23, 2014

First to Arrive? Not me.

No, I wasn't the first early-bird to arrive ahead of the NMA reunion. Gene and Colleen Lane beat me to the punch. 

Yesterday, I had a nice visit with the
Lanes, neither of whom are deceased .
And, oh, what a great reason. Colleen's high school class was holding its reunion in Norfolk this weekend. As an added bonus, her classmates, she found out, have her listed as "deceased."

An error, obviously, but boy oh boy, if it happened to me, you bet I'd show. I'd hide outside the door until the part where the emcee says, "Now let's bow our heads and have a moment of silence for those who are no longer with us." Then I'd charge in, shaking hands, saying, "Hey, Danielle; yo, Tim--I miss anything? Party down!" 

Actually, I sorta did this once. When I got out of the Navy, the word circulated around the fleet that I was dead. So a few years ago, I read in the paper that one of my old shipmates was playing in a nearby---

Wait a minute. The reunion hasn't started yet. 

No comments: