Friday, June 19, 2009

The Daily Poop - Fri, 19JUN09

-- As I mentioned last week, I'm going to downtown Rock Island, IL, this morning to see a concert by a contingent of Navy Band Great Lakes. "Horizon" is a rock band, although this morning's performance will be a jazz concert. The band is busy--it's Navy Week here in the Quad Cities, and, as you can imagine, Navy bands are a big part of it. Unfortunately, Illinois has been plagued by rain and thunderstorms for the last week; I hope a little water won't get in the way of the show.

-- I keep hearing about more old friends who will be at the Navy Musicians Association reunion next week, guys I haven't seen since active duty. Today, I've learned that John Pastin, with whom I served on staff at the School of Music, is coming. Dennis Jansen, I believe, is also on his way. Perhaps he'll bring his steel drums.

-- I've got to get over the fact that Lee Hudson will be at the reunion on Friday and Saturday. I've been looking forward to the reunion for a year; why should I let it be ruined by this lowlife, sack of swill, Demster Dumpster excuse for a human being?

No comments: