Monday, June 13, 2016

MON13JUN16 - The Daily Poop - Final Edition

David Blakely arrived with a smart phone loaded up
with the addresses of Kansas City barbecue joints
I went down to the lobby yesterday afternoon and ran into Terry Chesson. I didn't think he'd get here before midnight. Apparently, old men can drive 14 hours a day.

We met up with David Blakeley and went out for barbecue. You may be sure that Kansas City knows about barbecue.

I was glad to hear about West Coasters coming. Terry said that John Johnson and Everett Crouse are already on their way. Also, we think Frank Bartley may be coming from Florida. It's been a few years, and a lot of us have missed his bass playing. Especially me.

While packing for your trip to KC, keep in mind it's hot. You won't need your pea coat.

If you are a pianist, come. I will kiss you, or, if you prefer, not kiss you. Whatever makes you happy, come to the reunion. It will make me happy.

--------
This ends the short run of this year's Daily Poop. Later today, I will begin expanded coverage of the reunion. The 2016 NMA LiveBlog will appear sporadically around the clock from today through the entire reunion. This year's edition is will present exciting new features designed with embarrassment in mind. I don't see how this can go wrong, but, on the other hand, I haven't given it a lot of thought.

No comments: