Saturday, June 27, 2015

We're Goin' to Kansas City

And so are you, if you attend next year's Navy Musicians Association reunion.

At today's General Membership meeting, Executive Vice-president Bob Lekata announced plans to hold the 2016 reunion in Kansas City, Missouri. The details have yet to be worked out; Bob will travel to KC to line up the most appropriate hotel for our needs. This will take some negotiating, but that's what Bob does. When the details--which hotel, which dates--are worked out, they'll be posted here and at the NMA's website.

Kansas City sounds good to me. We've spent a few years in Virginia Beach and it's time to travel. Kansas City is a more-convenient location for members who usually have to travel long distances for our reunions.

Personally, I love this. I live in western Illinois and it'll be nice to drive to a reunion in one day. Take a look at the online roster on the NMA website, and you'll see the Midwest is full of MUs.

And, to me, Kansas City equals Count Basie.

So you can count me in.

 is cen

2 comments:

Bob Nolan said...

For once I just might be able to make it to a reunion!!

mizmouse51 said...

Me too!