Monday, June 22, 2015

Trickle, trickle...

The staggering of arrivals for an NMA reunion can best be described as a bell curve. (I'm not talking about the Belle Curve who entertained many of us at Pirate's Cove so long ago.)

Because the reunion begins on Wednesday morning, the biggest influx is between Tuesday and Thursday. More will come later; folks who couldn't get the weekdays off from work will trickle in on Friday to enjoy the weekend festivities.

We think of Tuesday evenings as the "early-bird special." Generally, enough of us are in town to hold a pre-reunion evening jam session.

But Monday is arrival day for some. I ran into Kim Holl, Dennis Allard and Leon Harris this morning, thought it's no surprise to see them in Virginia Beach; they live here, after all. And think I just saw Cecil Strange from afar, though I haven't talked to him yet. I've crossed paths with a few others here and there.

I expect a fair number of arrivals this evening; a lot of members who can drive here in one day tend to show up on Monday nights. And I know just where to look for them...
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to catching up with everyone. Thanks to everyone for their hard work over the years to make this possible.

Unknown said...

And how the hell did I miss Belle Curve?