Monday, June 22, 2015

Pastrami on Rye

It's hard to imagine anything more boring
than listening to people talk about the
great food they just had and you didn't.
Stephanie and Jim were good sports.
David Blakely, Cecil Strange and I returned from the Route 58 Deli needing someone to tell about the pastrami sandwiches we'd just consumed.

Fortunately Stephanie Rowland & Jim Richards were willing to suffer through detailed descriptions of melt-in-your-mouth pastrami piled sky-high on seeded rye.

Cecil exhibited the self-control that has guided him into his ninth decade and ate only half his sandwich; the other half will make two more meals tomorrow. David and I did not exercise such moderation and engaged in a wanton meat-orgy of such intensity that when the dust cleared, there was nothing left but a few caraway seeds.  

We'll return to Virginia Beach in two years and I already know where I'll have my first meal.

No comments: