Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Morning P.T.

No photos yet on this day before the NMA reunion; most of those who arrived yesterday had a full day's travel and are sleeping in.

I got up early, but not early enough for lobby coffee. The hotel offers free morning coffee for travelers, specifically those who are up and about before 6:30 a.m. The coffee shortage will end tomorrow; once the reunion begins, we'll have a well-stocked coffee mess in our registration room.

Too late for free caffeine, I thought I'd take a swim. The outdoor pool is quiet in the early hours, an attraction for those who want to exercise early in the day.

As I was walking through the lobby, Cecil Strange came in the door in his shorts and walking shoes. Cecil likes to exercise early, too; while I'd been thinking about taking a refreshing dip in the H20, Cecil had been out on the grinder doing a 40-minute power walk.

I was exhausted just thinking about doing five laps around the hotel complex during summertime in Virginia. Not Cecil. He said he does this every day. All year long. In Florida.

And the S.O.B. seemed so proud of it. I guess that's the sort of cocky attitude you develop when you're 85 years old.

No comments: